Join the African Women in Leadership Organisation (AWLO)
Members of AWLO work together to advance the status of women in Africa. AWLO exists on an international level and at chapter levels in the various countries. Membership is at the International level with automatic membership of AWLO chapters in countries of residence. AWLO chapters will participate in programmes and services that affect the development and equality for women in their communities and the region and in support of the objectives of AWLO at international level. Inductions are held in November, each year.
AWLO Member Responsibilities:
• Fulfill AWLO’s mission and vision
• Attend AWLO annual conferences, trainings and chapter events
• Be able and willing to commit time to service and advocacy projects in your community
• Be able and willing to be part of the mentoring programme within the organisation
• Be able and willing to contribute financially towards projects that benefit women in the organisation
• Be able and willing to fundraise for AWLO projects that benefit women in Africa.
• Participate actively and contribute to deliberations on issues that affect the African woman
• Identify and suggest prospective members
• Accept leadership roles that promote personal growth and self-confidence in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
AWLO membership provides the opportunity with privileges reserved only for its members only:
• Access the AWLO members portal which will give access to presentations, newsletters, training materials, reports and the members database
• Discounts at all AWLO events and the annual AWLO Conference
• Entry to AWLO member only events and training programmes
• Interaction with interesting, involved women leaders and professionals who seek to help women reach their full leadership potential.
• Network and socialize with business and professional women working in many different fields both within the local and international membership communities
• Access to affiliate companies and organisations who can enhance business and personal opportunities for AWLO members
• Experience the warmth of international sisterhood
You must be fulfill the criteria below to be considered for membership:
• Aged 25 years and above
• Business executive, professional or entrepreneur
• Experience in a decision-making capacity within a business or profession
• Experience in a leadership capacity within business or at community level
One time membership fees $300.00
AWLO Youth Council Membership
• Runs from November each year
• Young ladies aged 18 to 30
• Membership fee of $50 (#25,000)