Get to know about us
Gender-gap incidence is highest in the area of economic empowerment at 77.1% according to the World Economic Forum Gender-Gap Report. On the road to ‘Balance for better’ and as embedded in our 2019 theme; ‘Empowered for Sustainability’, AWLO is facilitating women’s economic empowerment.
The AWLO-500 Capacity Building Project is towards a post-workshop Cooperative Society to empower 500 women for enterprise building, decision-making, and financial asset control.
The AWLO-500 Capacity Building Project is empowering women for enterprise, decision-making, and financial asset control through access to:
- A resourceful business community and women counterparts for networking and growth.
- Subsidized business loans & grants,
- Ready market opportunities,
- Routine coaching and mentorship and
- Community incentives. principles to upscale women’s skills for building profitable e
The resolve to dream in the face of uncertainty and difficulties is the greatest gift of empowerment”
President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf at AWLO Rwanda Conference 2019